How to disable Windows Defender, Firewall and antivirus?
- Download the Defender control app
- Extract it to your Desktop
- Run DefenderControl.exe
- Click on "Disable Windows Defender"
It can also be done within Windows UI:
3rd party antivirus
Windows Defender is the default antivirus but many people also have 3rd part anti-virus programs installed. Double check these. The most commonly known ones:
3rd PARTY FIREWALLS
In some cases, 3rd party hardware can include built-in firewalls. As we cannot see this for you, please double check anything such as routers/modems/any device between you and the internet.
Some known causes:
- Ubiquiti Networking equipment - IDS and IPS might be enabled blocking the connection. Make sure it is fully disabled
An easy way to check if you have something blocking the connection is by using a VPN.
- Press Windows key + R
- Type "CMD"
- Run it as administrator
Paste the following command
NetSh Advfirewall set allprofiles state off
- Press "Enter"
- You should see "OK"
- Now your firewall is disabled